Wednesday, January 26, 2011

There's a Thunderstorm in My Head

and it's quite irritating.

I am definitely seeing lightning and hearing cracks of thunder. But the disturbing part is the light rain that comes after. The calming rain. The peaceful rain.

I used to like thunderstorms for their thunder, their lightning, their wind and the lighting up of the dark sky. All that's happening now. I just wonder what has changed.

Years have changed. I am no longer living in the house where I loved thunderstorms. I am no longer in 5th grade. And I am no longer able to sit with my dad and just look at the rain.

Sometimes I think that it's the rain I miss. I sure have the thunder here. It's just the rain. The rain that beat down hard on window pains, windshields, mailboxes, roofs, garbage cans, and basketball hoops. The rain that methodically hit those things and played a soft melody of washing peace.

It's all too possible that I am forgetting that I am a third older now. I am forgetting that a thunderstorm and rain can't wash away my worries, my inhibitions...especially because I am six years older now.

Psalm 29:3 " The voice of the Lord is over the waters; the God of glory thunders, the Lord thunders over the mighty waters."

I just forget to listen, I guess.

I just forget the silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment