Monday, February 22, 2010

No one knows your Heart when it's all Alone

Sometimes it seems like it is impossible for any given person to fully understand who I am and my thoughts and opinions. I can pinpoint different people in my life that mean the world and understand me in certain capacities. But I can't find anywhere in this world someone who gets me and truly comprehends [not just sympathizes] ALL the time.

I often have moments where I feel like my world is a piece of paper and is going through a paper shredder. I want to scream at it "I am not a credit card bill! I am not a secret letter! I am not something to be terminated!" We must just all feel that way. I guess that's what sin promises us.

It's hard to imagine, but what is Heaven like? That is the only absence of sin, right? It's the only place where all pain, suffering, and consequence of a stupid apple subsides. Today, in my Religion class we continued our intro into the book of Revelation. I just began to think of it, 'what is forever?' I pondered what forever would be like in the worse place of the two. Kinda seems like it would be like this cold, dead winter - relentless [only maybe a bit warmer]. It's a dark subject matter; one that is horrifyingly scary. I never like to think of it. But today I thought, maybe that's the problem. Maybe we don't recognize what the absence of Love really is because God is so merciful here on earth. But, if earth is so unbearable, what's Hell like?

Kind of morbid, I admit. But honestly, if on this earth I cannot find any give person who fully understand my heart and mind when everything else is left behind then I definitely wouldn't in Hell. I guess it kind of hits you. Sin is present here. Humanity is sinful. And no relationship can be perfect. No earthly relationship at least.

Heavely power is at work around us. Maybe I can't find one person [HERE] to comprehend everything I say and take me as I am; but I have found many amazing people in my life who push me to strive for the 'Person' who will completely understand.

Christian friends will be my saving grace on earth and into eternity. Afterall, they are the ones that help me stay accountable and striving for Him.

No one knows your Heart when it's all Alone.
No key is made for a lock of pure gold.
Transported into shame,
The heart aches and writhes in pain.

Winter-dead leaves crumble,
Un-thawed twigs reach for warmth.

No one knows your Heart when it's all Alone.
No one has the key but the Maker on the throne.
Evaporated beyond the pain and haze,
I'll let my anguish rise and sing You praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment